The first rule of any allergy sufferer is to exclude contact with the allergen and take the necessary medications when unpleasant symptoms occur. Correction of the diet in this case significantly improves the condition of an adult or a child.
Of course, in the presence of food allergies, confirmed by clinical diagnostic studies, the doctor prescribes a specialized diet. But there is also a nonspecific hypoallergenic diet approved by Russian doctors . It can be observed regardless of the nature of the allergen (household, insect , medicinal, etc.) to reduce the load on the body and speed up recovery. Including with atopic dermatitis, which is often exacerbated in the winter.
According to the degree of allergenicity, all products can be conditionally divided into high-, medium-, and low-allergenic .
First of all, it is necessary to exclude everything fried, smoked, salty, spicy. And also meat and fish semi-finished products – cutlets, sausages, fishburgers , sausages, etc., as they contain a large amount of flavoring and aromatic additives, stabilizers.
List of prohibited products:
- citrus fruits (oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruits, etc.);
- nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.);
- fish, seafood and fish products (fresh and salted fish, fish broths, canned fish, caviar, etc.);
- poultry (goose, duck, chicken, etc.) and products from them;
- chocolate and chocolate products;
- smoked products;
- vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and spices;
- horseradish, radish, radish;
- tomatoes, eggplants, red peppers;
- eggs and milk;
- strawberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, melon, watermelon and other red and orange fruits;
- pastry products, yeast;
It is strictly forbidden to drink alcoholic drinks!
The preferred method of cooking while following a hypoallergenic diet: baking, boiling, stewing with a minimum amount of oil.
Instead of coffee, drink rosehip broth, weak tea and still water. To control your diet, keep a food diary and write down everything you eat during the day.
List of approved products:
- Lean beef, boiled;
- Groats, vegetable soups (vegetarian, in secondary beef broth);
- Olive oil, sunflower oil;
- Boiled potatoes;
- Porridge (buckwheat, oatmeal, rice);
- Natural yoghurts without additives, cottage cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk;
- White rennet cheeses;
- Fresh cucumbers, parsley, dill;
- Baked apples;
- Tea, sugar;
- Dried fruit compote, except raisins;
- Whole grain bread, crispbread.
Laboratory diagnostics of allergies
It is recommended to follow a hypoallergenic diet for at least 7-8 days. And if at the end of this period no noticeable improvements have come, it is necessary to consult a doctor and perform a number of laboratory tests. They will help establish the true cause of the allergy and differentiate it from intolerance.