November 1 is the International Day of Vegan , when vegans urge to abandon animal food, in favor of vegetable. However, doctors warn that this diet is not suitable for everyone, and that’s why.
An exception to the diet of animal products is the basis of the most radical branch of vegetarianism – veganism . According to the principles of this food system, it is necessary to completely abandon meat, milk, eggs, only vegetable products are allowed. According to statistics, more than 79% of people who switched to vegan do it to maintain health, 60% for ethical reasons. November 1 is the International Day of Vegan , when vegans urge to abandon animal food, in favor of vegetable. However, doctors warn that this diet is not suitable for everyone, and that’s why.
- The vegetarian diet often lacks vitamins A and D, calcium, which in general can lead to impaired absorption of zinc, iron, brittle bones and frequent fractures.
- Plant foods do not provide the necessary energy boost that animal products provide. Moreover, metabolic disorders are often characteristic of vegans .
- There is a decrease in memory, concentration of attention, thinking – cognitive functions. This is due to a lack of vitamin B 12, because it is found only in animal products. This condition is especially dangerous for patients with diabetes mellitus.
- The vegan diet leads to a lack of iron and polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3). Because of this, the level of “good” cholesterol (HDL) decreases and the risk of disasters from the cardiovascular system (strokes, heart attacks, arterial hypertension) increases.
- There is also a danger to pregnant women. In the early stages, when the expectant mother does not know that she is pregnant, the absence of vitamins B 12 and B 9 can provoke defects in the development of the neural tube in the fetus.
CITILAB recalls, a balanced diet is the basis for the prevention of many diseases and the guarantee of the health of the cardiovascular, supporting and nervous systems.
If you have refused to eat meat and other animal products, regularly undergo the necessary studies to control the most important physiological parameters.
FIRST AID TO WORKHOLDS: VITAMINS AND MINERALS FOR ACTIVE AUTUMN
For health, good mood and increased efficiency in the fall, support is needed, especially for workaholics .
Those who literally “burn” at work, do not have time to dine and process, and most of them today may lack important vitamins and minerals that improve brain function, mood, and support immunity.
It is not always possible to include foods, especially those rich in micronutrients, in the diet – there is a catastrophic shortage of time for shopping and cooking.
Therefore, many begin to take multivitamin complexes on their own. Without consulting a doctor, this is not necessary, since the state of chronic hypervitaminosis – intoxication with an ultra-high dose of one or more vitamins – is dangerous to health and can adversely affect one’s well-being.
CITILAB recalls: before you start taking vitamin-containing preparations, specify the level of the most important vitamins and minerals in the body – start with laboratory tests!